For many years, Ho Chi Minh city or Saison was praised as the “Pearl of the Far East”. The city’s resources and accommodations are attractive to many visitors. Also, the annual average temperature is 27 Celsius, almost no winter, it particularly favorable for tourism all year around. But it always better when you have a plan before coming to visit any place. And that is also a reason to write this post – Ho Chi Minh city tours.
Where should you visit in Ho Chi Minh City?
The Independence Palace is located right in the city center. The palace was built on an area of 120,000m2 with a surface area of 4,500m2. It included a basement, 3 main floors, 2 mezzanines, one terrace, and one upper float. There are a total of 95 rooms in the palace, each decorated according to its function. The palace also features two exhibition rooms, a 33-room guest house, and numerous entertainment services such as tennis courts and octagonal houses.
The Independence Palace opens every day, from 7:30 am – 12.00 pm and 13.30 pm – 17.00 pm, including the weekend and Vietnam public holidays.
War Remnants Museum
Located just beside the Independence Palace, the War Remnants Museum is another historical place to visit. It displays shocking evidence of atrocity committed by the foreign aggressors during Vietnam’s two national liberation wars. There is a collection of US weapons and more impressive are a French guillotine, a model of the notorious tiger cages for keeping Vietnamese revolutionaries.
Same as the Independence Palace, the War Remnants Museum opens every day, from 7:30 am – 12.00 pm and 13.30 pm – 17.00 pm, include the weekend and Vietnam public holidays.
Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Garden)
The Zoo and Botanical garden consist of separate sections where one can see many species of mammals, reptiles, and birds. Another section consists of many valuable trees, from different parts of the country, as well as India, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and other countries. There are 02 gates to the zoo, the main entrance gate is on Nguyen Binh Khiem Road. And the or other gate is on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street near the bridge over the Thi Nghe Channel.
Opening time: 7.00 am – 18.30 pm daily.
Cu Chi Tunnels
The tunnel is one of the most famous historical vestiges of Vietnam’s national liberation war from 1945 – 1975. It’s located in Cu Chi District, approximately 70km from Ho Chi Minh city center.
The network consists of approximately 250km of tunnels connected with one another like a cobweb. Inside the tunnels are food and ammunition storage caches, medic care chamber, meeting chambers, commanding chambers, kitchens, bedrooms, etc.
Cu Chi tunnel opens from 7.00 am to 17.00 pm daily.
Temples and Pagodas
For those who would like to visit a temple or pagoda in Ho Chi Minh, here are some of the most famous one:
- Vinh Nghiem Pagoda: 339 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street, District 3.
- Van Hanh Monastery: 750 Nguyen Kiem street, Go Vap District.
- Giac Lam Pagoda: 565 Lac Long Quan street, Tan Binh District.
- Xa Loi Pagoda: 89B Ba Huyen Thanh Quan street, District 3.
Where to shop in Saigon?
Due to its favorable geographical location, the city rapidly became a converging point for traders from all over the world. That’s why the city became a “shopping paradise” for visitors. It is quite easy to find products of all kinds, from popular to luxurious, from other parts of the country as well as modern products from many other countries. And the most popular markets, to buy these products, in this city are Ben Thanh market and Cho Lon market. Furthermore, these markets are the best places for those who want to enjoy the best of local foods.
Another place for people who love flowers is the Ho Thi Ky flower market. This is the only market where you can find many different types of flowers being sold at a reasonable price.
Visitors who want to buy clothing, shoes, handbags, popular and middle-class goods, in the building with cool and fresh air, can come to Saigon Square 1 & 2, Takashimaya Plaza, Saigon center. And for those who looking for luxury products, Diamond Plaza, Vincom center and Parkson are the best places.
What to eat when traveling to Saigon?
Ho Chi Minh City is a living and working place of many people from different parts of Vietnam and other countries. Therefore, the cuisine in here is various with the typical dishes of the Southern region or from other regions of Vietnam and especially, foreign foods. But here is a list of some popular food that you should not forget to try when coming to this city:
- Pho – Rice noodle soup with beef or sliced-chicken
- Vermicelli with marinated char-grilled pork/beef/shrimp
- Phnom-Penh clear rice noodle soup
- Snail vermicelli/ noodle soup
- Hue-Style Spicy Beef Noodle Soup
- Noodles with wontons
- Southern pancakes
- Spring rolls
- Snail dishes
What you can do at night time in Ho Chi Minh?
When you don’t want to spend time in rooftops and local bars where you to have some drinks and make some new friends, here are some activities and places for you to enjoy the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh.
- Enjoy “Ca Phe Bet” near the Notre Dame Cathedral. This area is a place where many young people coming after dark to chat chit, enjoy street foods (usually snacks) with cheap soft drinks. There is no chair, table and a specific shop in this area, sellers will give you newspapers to sit on the ground then order foods and drink from them. It’s nice place to meet young Vietnamese people or enjoy the fresh air of the park.
- Discover the walking area in Bui Vien street. After around 20pm, this area becomes very crowded as many people coming here to enjoy cheap beers and local foods. The street is also fulled of vendors, some of the dishes you should try such as Hot Vit Lon, Bap Xao, fry squids…
- Nguyen Hue walking area, this place is a great idea to get fresh air and watch some street performances.
- Joining the Water Puppet or A O show then having dinner on the Saigon River cruise may be another idea for you to enjoy the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh.
Short day trips from Ho Chi Minh city.
Besides Ho Chi Minh city tours, Viet Dream Travel has designed some other different daily and private tours that allow you easily choose the best one matching your time, budget and your demand. Some of tourist attraction areas nearby Ho Chi Minh city are Tay Ninh, Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve, Ben Tre – My Tho – Can Tho in Mekong delta, Vung Tau…
And we’re running:
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour – Half Day by bus or speed boat.
- Cao Dai Temple in Tay Ninh & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 Day
- Mekong Delta for 1 day – 2 days or 3 days tours…
You can contact Viet Dream Travel at 00 (+84) 28 3838 8322 or 0902 790 506 & email: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com. Our enthusiastic and professional tourist consultants are always ready to answer all of your questions.