Can Gio is a low palm-fringed island sitting at the mouth of the Saigon River, some 25km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The mangroves forest in Can Gio possesses a high biodiversity with more than 200 species of fauna and 52 species of flora. The effects of the recent wars on these ecosystems have been devastating and large efforts have been made by local people to rehabilitate the mangroves. Today, it has become one of the most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangroves in the world. The island, which is at the intersection between the Saigon River and the sea, was created by silt washing downstream. It’s hard-packed mud rather than sandy beach, so attracts few visitors and the area remains entirely undeveloped.
7:30 AM gathering at Viet Dream Travel office – 112 Bui Vien, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city. Free pick up for hotel’s location on main street: De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Thanh Ton St, Bui Thi Xuan St, Pham Hong Thai St, Thu Khoa Huan St, Nguyen An Ninh St, Cong Quynh St, Ly Tu Trong ..Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Can Gio Mangrove Forest was recognized as World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2000. Covering an area of over 75.000 hectares, the evergreen forest is a lively world of 150 kinds of fauna and 52 species of flora, this is an eco-tourists dream. At Can Gio, visitors have opportunities to indulge in a fresh green environment and also to explore the mysteries of the tidal swampy ecosystem and thrill of the legends of amphibious commandos during the Viet Nam war. This ecological tour takes you away from the bustle and hustle of Ho Chi Minh city for a unique natural environment. During the tour, you will:
– Observe the long-tailed monkeys with their natural habitat.
– Visiting the crocodile farm and other wild animals in a mangrove forest
– Speed jungle boat, the climax of the tour, take you to the Vietnamese base in the war.
– Lunch at the Phuong Nam resort restaurant.
– Free time for swimming pool and relax.
– Visit Can Gio seafood market and mango garden before heading back to HCM city.
You should bring: Swimming suit, sunglasses, towel, personal box, hat.
Tour Price Includes:
- A/c van/bus pick up (centrally located hotel), transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Experience English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee, ferry round ticket, sugar cane juice (at the rest time on the way), speedboat.
- Vietnamese style lunch, swimming pool and shower room.
Tour Price Excludes:
- Beverages at the resort, optional activities.
- Tip (no mandatory), personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion
• Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old.
• Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child.
• A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 48 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.