The Vietnam War had passed away but the memories are still existing in many soldiers and their family members. Our Vietnam History’s Tour is a chance for veterans who had been in Vietnam in the war or any one who want to learn about the history of Vietnam and now willing to come back to revisit old battlefields, historical sites, ancient ruins….. This is also a great chance for you to know more about Vietnamese people, unique and authentic culture of Vietnam.
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh city tour
Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh, you will be picked up and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh city (B, L)
After your breakfast, start Ho Chi Minh City tour for visiting the city: Notre Dame Cathedral, Independent Palace, the former US Embassy. Continue to visit War Museum, Revolution, Museum, Giac Lam Pagoda, a war vestige where a Buddhist monk immolated himself in protest of the war, and the church where Ngo Dinh Diem – President of the puppet government – was assassinated. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh.
Day 3: Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels (B/L)
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel then start your day of visiting Cao Dai Temple of Caodaism followers with their mass ceremony at noon – when followers fill the hall wearing colored robes, a symbol of the curious combination of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism. On the way back, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, an underground network of tunnels constructed by Vietnamese troops during the civil war. The tunnels contained hospitals, accommodation, etc. and were used as a military base for the Vietcong during the American war. Drive back to HCMC. Overnight at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh City – Hoi An Ancient Town (B/L)
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Tan Son Nhat airport for boarding to Danang airport. Driver picks up and visits Cham museum, Marble Mountain with a marble carving village and also the beach where the US Mariners first came ashore, beginning American’s major involvement in Indochina. Overnight in Hoi An town.
Day 5: My Son Holly land (B/L)
After your breakfast, you will visit My Son Holly land – ancient buildings at the Champa Kingdom with our tour guide. Then, transfer to harbor, get on a boat cruise along Thu Bon river to traditional craft village of Thanh Ha pottery and Kim Bong carpentry villages – where local people are still using their traditional tools on their daily activities. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 6: Hoi An – Hue city tour (B/L)
After your breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Hue City, visit the Dong Ba market and the Imperial City and the Purple Forbidden City, from where the Nguyen Dynasty ruled from 1802 to 1945. Enjoy the folk music in the evening. Overnight at the hotel in Hue.
Day 7: DMZ tour (B/L)
Breakfast at your hotel, then you will visit Vietnam’s Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ, is the area around the former border between North and South Vietnam. Historically it was a narrow band of terrain extending from the Laos border to the coast, five km on either side of the Ben Hai River, roughly on the 17th parallel north latitude. The area saw heavy fighting in the war, and ruins of old American military bases still exist. Even if you’re not interested in the history, the area has some spectacular mountain scenery and rugged jungles.
While the actual border was marked by the Ben Hai river, most historical sights (i.e., American bases) are along Highway 9, which runs parallel to the river several km to the south. Come back Hue, over night in this city.
Day 8: Hue city – Ha Noi (B/L)
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a morning boat trip on the Perfume River. Visit the Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc, Thien Mu Pagoda and the mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang. Lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant, before transfer to the airport for departing to Hanoi. Arriving at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, pick up and transfer to the hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi City. Overnight at hotel in Ha Noi.
Day 9: Ha Noi city tour (B/L)
After breakfast at the hotel, visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex, including the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts and the One Pillar Pagoda. Next head to the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university (Almost 1000 years old). After lunch, visit the Museum of Ethnology, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son temple and enjoy a 1-hour cyclo tour of the old quarter of Hanoi with its busy streets full of shops offering bargains. Overnight at hotel in Ha Noi.
Day 10: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc (B/L)
Breakfast at the hotel then starts to visit Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – a perfect combination for a day trip to learn about a dark period when Vietnam was conquested by Northern Invaders. Hoa Lu is a sacred land with two temples worshiping those Kings in 10 century who gave great contribution to the nation. Next, let’s take a boat trip along the Ngo Dong river to enjoy the landscape in Tam Coc. You will know why it’s named Halong Bay on land. Coming back to Ha Noi and overnight in this city.
End your trip!
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Price is applied for group of 2 up.
- Accommodation standard 3* hotel, based on 2 guests sharing a Twin or Double room
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch).
- English speaking tour guides (Other languages are available on request)
- A/c car/van for pick up, transfer and sightseeing as per program.
- All the entrance fees
- Boats in Thu Bon river, Tam Coc, Huong river…
- 01 bottle of mineral water/person/day
* Note: please contact directly with us via our email at email@example.com in order to upgrade your hotel standard. We will inform to you an extra fee for updating.
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- International and domestic flight tickets
- Drinks and other meals
- Visas arrangement
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Viet Nam Public Holiday surcharges: Hung Kings Commemoration Day, International Labor Day, National Day, Reunification Day, Lunar New Year and New Year Eve
- Single supplement surcharges
- Others that are not mentioned clearly in the INCLUSION list
- If you cancel your booking, your deposit will not be refunded.
- More than 45 days prior to your departure day: deposit is forfeited.
- Between 10 and 44 days prior : 50% of the tour price is charged.
- Less than 10 days prior or if you are a “no-show” from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit and 100% of tour price is charged.
- The refund by bank transfer shall be done within 07 working days. Also, you need to pay transaction fees.