- Visiting villages and towns depend on the countless canals, tributaries, and markets in the region for produce.
- Exploring the surrounding village, rolling fields of tapioca and iconic rice paddies. Visiting a bustling riverside market, a local pottery workshop, where arts and crafts of the Delta region are created, and a traditional riverside house with huge Burmese pythons as pets. You might also have a chance to see the rice paddies before the harvesting season, which is a marvelous sight.
- Crossing a traditional farmhouse, where you try the local coconuts produces and Mekong Delta Whiskey. Meeting house owners, whom each have their own stories of life in the Mekong to share about living in the Mekong Delta, and its customs and culture.
- Visiting both a Buddhist pagoda and a Cao Dai Temple. Near the Cao Dai Temple is an orphanage run by Buddhist monks, where you will hear the story of the orphans who live there.
- Enjoy traditional Vietnamese lunch includes fresh spring rolls, chicken with ginger, caramelized pork, and the Mekong Delta delicacy, Elephant Ear fish.
07:30 – 8:00 am: our tour guide will pick-up at the visitors’ hotel and transfer to Ho Chi Minh city pier.
08:15 am Depart to Mekong Delta by luxury speedboat. When on board, enjoy a light breakfast, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee (Ca phe sua da) is served while your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
8:45 am: Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, overwater Tuong Van Pagoda, while your Mekong Delta Tour guide explains the importance Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
09:30 am: Great time for photo shots when you cross a bustling, colorful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Also, you will understand more about the local daily life and what typical fruits they have. We are sure you might find something you haven’t seen in Indochina!
10:45 am: enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms, you will visit a quaint Mekong village, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whiskey.Walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live.
12:30 pm: Our private chef will prepare a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda. After lunch, you will visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
13:30 pm: the tour is continuing to visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple, one of the highlights of our Mekong Delta Tour.
14:15 pm: Depart for Ho Chi Minh City pier with the speed boat.
16:00 pm: Arrive back in Ho Chi Minh. Our staffs will transfer you to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Dress code: Proper wear is strongly recommended when visiting Cao Dai Temple and pagodas.
Things should prepare:
- Mosquito repellent.
- Comfortable shoes as the tour will involve quite a bit of walking.
Tour Price Includes:
- Light breakfast, lunch, unlimited refreshments and local fruits.
- Experience English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is free for the hotel’s location on the main street: De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Thanh Ton St, Bui Thi Xuan St, Pham Hong Thai St, Thu Khoa Huan St, Nguyen An Ninh St, Cong Quynh St, Ly Tu Trong ..Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Tour Price Excludes:
- Food and drinks (unless specified), gratuities (optional), surcharge for halal meal options. (if required)
• Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old.
• Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child.
• A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 72 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.