Two – hour trip southward from Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta is known for its picturesque rice terraces, varied seasonal fruits grown in family orchards. Life-based on water, the local people here are amazingly friendly which is offering you a sense that they are not curious about tourists anymore.
Meanwhile, Kimmy Chocolate, Southern’s largest handcrafted chocolate manufacturer, is located in Tien Giang where provides the stable cocoa raw material. Cocoa trees are carefully planted and taken care by local farmers of Chợ Gạo Cooperative in Mekong Delta following Japanese UTZ standards. Passing by this place to see how they cultivate and process the cocoa trees shall be an interesting experience.
Highlight:… With an aim to offer you a unique experience about this land, Vietdream Travel would like to take you away from the tourist crowds and really connect with Mekong local culture itself, this tour should not be omitted out once you have a rare chance to visit Vietnam, in particular, Ho Chi Minh City.
This should go on your Vietnam bucket list!
In the morning, your tour guide and driver will pick you up at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh, leave for Mekong Delta. Approaching Tien Giang, we will drop at Kimmy Chocolate Manufacture then to Vinh Trang pagoda, the biggest pagoda in Tieng Giang, with the area of 2000m2 with many beautiful trees.
We will then pass Rach Mieu Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge in the Mekong Delta. The bridge connects Tiền Giang Province (Mỹ Tho) with Bến Tre Province, over the Mekong. We then take a boat trip along Mekong River. During a boat cruise along Mekong River, you can see fish cages, floating houses on the river. Passing Four Holy islands: Dragon – Unicorn – Tortoise – Phoenix, the boat cruise takes you to an islet; not only famous for the coconuts, but also for the delicious specialty dishes of Mekong. After taking time on the islet, you can continue to visit the handicraft and coconut candy families, and disembark to catch a three-wheeled bike ride to tropical gardens. A canopy of coconut leaves, sip tea with fresh honey, is ready for your rest while you are listening to the beautiful melodies of folk music.
Visitors can witness the process of making coconut candies. Take a walk through villages with so many kinds of fruits, flowers, trees, local houses, children in Mekong Delta, take your time to have nice photos with the Python and enjoy nature scenery.
Then, we head to the local restaurant by a motorboat. Lunch is set with special Vietnamese dishes (vegetarian food is possible). Enjoying lunch under coconut leaves, taking a rest on a hammock will make the life so peaceful.
After a half-hour rest, you are to walk around the village, traveling on the river back the ferry, transit to the van back home, arriving in Ho Chi Minh at around 18:00, tour ends with the sweet memories.
The Tour price includes:
- A/c van pick up and drop off in Ho Chi Minh city
- Boat trip and 1 Coconut in the Mekong Delta
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Big Lunch (set menu)
- Drinking water and Tissue
The Tour price excludes:
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips/gratuities for a local guide.
The tour is required minimum of 2 adults travelers per booking. Also for a booking with bigger group, please contact us for the best deal.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (4-9 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate.
- A couple travel with 2 children. The 2nd Child will be charge 100% adults ticket.
- If you cancel the booking, your deposit will not be refunded.
- Between 5 and 10 days prior to your departure day : 70% of the tour price is charged.
- Less than 5 days prior or if you are a “no-show” from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit and 100% of tour price is charged.
- The refund by bank transfer shall be done within 07 working days. Also, you need to pay transaction fees.