Can Gio is a low palm-fringed island sitting at the mouth of the Saigon River, some 25km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The mangroves forest in Can Gio possesses a high biodiversity with more than 200 species of fauna and 52 species of flora. The effects of the recent wars on these ecosystems have been devastating and large efforts have been made by local people to rehabilitate the mangroves. Today, it has become one of the most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangroves in the world. The island, which is at the intersection between the Saigon River and the sea, was created by silt washing downstream. It’s hard-packed mud rather than sandy beach, so attracts few visitors and the area remains entirely undeveloped.
7:30 Am – 8:00 Am: gathering at Viet Dream Travel at 112 Bui Vien, District 1 or free pick up at hotel located in District 1 then transfer to Saigon’s pier.
8:15 Am: depart to Mekong Delta. A light breakfast and Vietnamese coffee (ca phe sua da) is served on boat.
8:45 Am: Visit a large local market in Can Giuoc – a bustling local riverside market at the gateway to the Mekong Delta.
9:45 Am: moving from the Delta towards Can Gio Forest, begin to change from lush riverside water palms to dusky mangrove swamps.
10:00 Am: Arrive at the Giant Bat Lagoon and explore gently by rowing boat, before trekking through the mangrove jungle.
11:30 Am: Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch.
12:30 Pm: Arrive in Vam Sat Ecological Park, where you will visit a crocodile reserve and wild monkeys, performing gibbon, as well as enjoy crab fishing and bird-watching for exotic local and migratory species.
2:15 Pm: go back Ho Chi Minh by your speed boat.
4:00 Pm: Arrive back Saigon’s central pier. our staff will take you back to your hotel by car/van.
Tour Price Includes:
- Breakfast & Lunch.
- English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees and hotel pick-up and drop off for hotels located in District 1.
- Includes mandatory Government TAX and Service Charge.
Tour Price Excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Tips & personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion
• Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old.
• Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child.
• A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 72 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.