Mai Chau is located in Hoa Binh province, approximately 135 km from Hanoi. From the top of Cun mountain, on can admire the superb panorama view of Mai Chau surrounded by a green valley and stilt houses. Many minorities, including the Thai Ethnic group, live in Mai Chau valley.
Day 1: Hanoi to Mai Chau, cycling (L,D)
08h00: Pick up from your hotel and head west towards Hoa Binh to have refreshment
10h00: Leave Hoa Binh for Mai Chau Valley, about 2 hours away, stop for snapping pictures.
12h00: Arrive in Mai Chau and have lunch in a family house in the local village.
14h00: Bicycle around the surrounding villages of White Thai Ethnic people. Learn more about their lives and cultures as your guide can help answer any questions.
18h00: Dinner with the family, get a closer look into their real life. Drink “rượu Cần” (traditional alcohol) with your new family.
Sleep in the village, in the stilt house, the most interesting part of the trip. Stilt houses are unique to Mai Chau and you cannot find this experience in other tour.
You can sleep in the large communal room or you can order a private room.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Pu Luong by motorbike (B,L,D)
7:30 – 8:00 Wake up and eat breakfast
8:30 – 10:30 Drive/ride motorbikes 35km to Pu Luong Nature Reserve (motorbike drivers available).
10:30 – 12:30 Trekking in Pu Luong Nature Reserve to explore a stunning cave.
13:00 – 15:00 Enjoy lunch in the village and enjoy the riding back to Mai Chau by taking another road through the beautiful rural villages.
15:30 Arrive in Mai Chau enjoy your free time with your motorbike to explore the Valley yourself.
18:00 Dinner and over-night in Mai Chau Green Valley
Day 3: Mai Chau trekking to removed village – Hanoi (B,L)
7:30-8:00 Wake up and eat breakfast
8:00 Go with local tour guide to visit more remote rural villages Na Meo, Na Mo and Xam Pa villages to understand more about their culture and customs.
12:00 Back to the homestay for lunch and check-out
13:00 – 15:00 Free time for shopping and relaxing
15:00 – 15:30 Say goodbye to the family to get on the bus to drive back to Hanoi
18:30 – 19:00 Arrive in Hanoi Old Quater. Drop you off at your hotel. End of tour.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- You should take long sleeve clothes, hat, trekking shoes, sunscreen, mosquito repelent, and flash light.
- Surcharge 10 USD/pax if travel date falls on Lunar New Year (30 Dec, 1 – 3 Jan according to Lunar Calendar).
Tour Price Includes:
- AC Shuttle bus pick up and see off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance ticket in the village
- Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner (BBQ dinner party)
- Bicycle, motorbike, boat trip
- Dancing show & Local Wine (Ruou Can)
- Home-stay in Lac village
Tour Price Excludes:
- Travel insurance, beverage, personal expenses
- Tip (no mandatory).
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion
- Free of charge for infant (below 5 year old) , other expense pay by parents
- 75% rate of adult for children from 5-8 year old
- 100% adult ticket for children over 8 year old
- Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 72 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.