Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave, labeled the world’s most beautiful and magnificent cave when it was discovered in the central province of Quang Binh in 2005, has been open to tourists since September 3. Located in the middle of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site in Quang Binh, the cave was formed around 300-400 million years ago, surrounded by underground streams and rocky mountains.
The cave is 30-100 meters wide, with the widest point measuring 150 meters, according to the British Caving Association, the Governing Body for Underground Exploration in the UK. There are two stalactite pillars, each about five meters high and a rock arch around 100 meters wide. Take a deep breath before you go further to prepare yourself for what is ahead, or you will think you have stepped into a primitive forest that aged into stalactite.
Stalactites that look like temples, cranes with their arched necks looking up to the sky and a pine tree with hundreds of branches are dotted throughout this underground world. With a little imagination, there is no end to the shapes to be found in the cave. What’s more, there are around Thien Duong Cave dozens of stalactite mounds 30-50 centimeters tall, resembling Buddha statues, some of them with diameters of more than a meter. One stalactite structure looks like the communal house of the Central Highlands people.
Howard Limbert, a member of the British Caving Association, says Thien Duong Cave might be the longest dry cave in Asia.
– Visit the ruin of La Vang church where Blessed Virgin Mary that was seen there in 1798
– Crossing by the Parallel 17th of DMZ: Hien Luong Bridge, Ben Hai River, Dong Ha City, Vinh Moc Tunnels …
– Legendary Trails of Ho Chi Minh
– Enjoy Vietnamese local food
– Drive through a beautiful road with ever green village, river, stream and Limestone Mountain …
– Transfer by golf cars to the foot of mountain
– Exercise by walking up over 500 steps or slope path up to the mountain
– Admire wild life of national park preserve, nature and vertical cliffs of Limestone Mountain
– Discover the truly Paradise Cave with amazing stalactites and stalagmites for over 1km
Tour Price Includes:
- Transportation with air-condition
- English speaking guide, Entrance fees
- Meals as tour program: 01 lunch
- Electric golf car to transfer inside the mountain (3km)
- Mineral water 01 bottles 0.5 l / person / day
- Travel insurance during the tour
Tour Price Excludes:
- Drinks, other meals.
- Travel Insurance.
- Tips & personal expense.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-9 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate
- A couple travel with 2 children. The 2nd Child will be charge 100% adults ticket.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 72 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.