Cu Chi Tunnels is one of the most famous historical vestiges of Viet Nam’s national liberation war during 1945 – 1975. It’s located about 70 km to the northwest of Ho Chi Minh city – centre.
The first parts of short and simple tunnels were established in 1948 in two communes of in north of Cu Chi District. The network consists of approximately 250km of tunnels connected with one another like a spider’s web.
This is a unique and incomparable underground village was used with a lot of work from food and ammunition storage caches, medical care chambers, commanding chambers, meeting chambers, bedrooms, cooking by Hoang Cam stoves….
Those who set food in the tunnels cannot help admiring the talent, determination and endurance of the communist guerrillas. They dug and removed tens of thousands of tons of soil and stone with rudimentary tools, and then camouflaged the openings so well that nobody could find them.
- Visiting historical site will include American weapons gallery, and a bullet riddled tank, variety of ingenious and rather brutal booby traps used by the Viet Cong.
- Explore the 1-metre high tunnels, a pretty claustrophobic experience – imagine living down there for a while.
- A chance to fire real weapons including the Ak47, M1, M16, M30, M60.
7:40AM gathering at Viet Dream Travel office (112 Bui Vien, district 1, Ho Chi Minh city). Free pick up for hotel’s location on main street: De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Thanh Ton St, Bui Thi Xuan St, Pham Hong Thai St, Thu Khoa Huan St, Nguyen An Ninh St, Cong Quynh St, Ly Tu Trong ..Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Visitors will arrive Cu Chi tunnels after a drive of 1,5 hours. Our tour guide will give you an over introduction of Cu Chi and its legendary history. A documentary film about the tunnels will explain you about the tunnels histories and how fierce the war was in the area. You will be guided to the tunnels system including the weapon factory, hospitals, kitchens and crawl under the tunnels….
After that you can try delicious manioc which was the main food for guerilla-warriors in Cu Chi during the war. Also, there is a chance for shooting with an AK47, MK16 or machine guns at the nearby shooting range.
Leave Cu Chi tunnels and arrive back Sai Gon around 14pm.
Viet Dream Travel is offering 2 trips to the tunnels every day: the Morning trip departs 7:45 AM and the afternoon trip departs at 12 : 45 PM.
Tour Price Includes:
- A/c van/bus pick up (centrally located hotel on main street in district 1), transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Experience English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Mineral water (1 bottle/pax/day).
Tour Price Excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Tip (no mandatory), personal expenses, shooting gun.
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion
• Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old.
• Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child.
• A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 48 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.