Cu Chi Tunnels is one of the most famous historical vestiges of Viet Nam’s national liberation war during 1945 – 1975. It’s located about 70 km to the northwest of Ho Chi Minh city – centre. The network consists of approximately 250km of tunnels connected with one another like a spider’s web.
This is a unique and incomparable underground village was used with a lot of work from food and ammunition storage caches, medical care chambers, commanding chambers, meeting chambers, bedrooms, cooking by Hoang Cam stoves….
Visiting Cu Chi Tunnel by speed boat seem to be the best way to:
- Observe daily life along the river bank by speed boat.
- Descend into the famous Cu Chi tunnels to discover Vietnamese soldiers life during the war.
- Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese-style lunch, plus hotel transfers for your travel convenience.
- Observe the quaint ‘weekend’ homes of local people inhabitants as you cruise along the Saigon River.
7:00 am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier at District 1.
7:20 am: Depart to Cu Chi tunnel by speed boat. Within 20 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle. Enjoy a light breakfast, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee while your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
8:50 am: Arrive at the Cu Chi Tunnels site before the majority of tour operators arrive. Watch a brief introductory ‘propaganda’ video to the Cu Chi tunnel.
9:00 am: Explore the Cu Chi tunnel site, which includes weapon and booby trap exhibitions, navigating authentic Viet Cong tunnel, visiting different underground bunkers (kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunitions etc.), a firing range and much more. Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years.
11:00 am: a traditional Vietnamese lunch is serviced by the river, consisting of authentic fried spring rolls, beef dishes, soup and chicken.
11:30 am: finish the tour and begin your trip to Ho Chi Minh city.
13:00 pm: Arrive back at Saigon’s central pier. Our staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
Viet Dream Travel has 2 trips to the tunnels every day: The Morning trip departs at 7:00 AM and The afternoon trip 11:00 AM (return around 17 PM).
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Things should prepare:
- Mosquito repellent.
- Comfortable shoes as the tour will involve quite a bit of walking.
Tour Price Includes:
- Breakfast & lunch (morning departure)
- Lunch (afternoon departure)
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit.
- Experience English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees
Hotel pick-up and drop off is free for hotel’s location on main street: De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Thanh Ton St, Bui Thi Xuan St, Pham Hong Thai St, Thu Khoa Huan St, Nguyen An Ninh St, Cong Quynh St, Ly Tu Trong ..Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Tour Price Excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Tip (no mandatory), personal expenses, shooting gun.
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion
• Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old.
• Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child.
• A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults.
Cancellation policy for full charged Tours:
• Less than 72 hours before the departure time of your trip or in the event of a no-show from the beginning of your trip, for whatever reason, you will lose your deposit/full payment.