Turtle Islet (Vietnamese Cồn Quy) is one of four islets located on the Mỹ Tho River (a section of the Tiền River) which is named after the concept of the “Four Spirits” that bring good luck and happiness: Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle, and Phoenix. The Turtle and Phoenix islets are in Bến Tre province meanwhile Dragon and Unicorn are belonging to Tiền Giang province. This island has an area of around 70 hectares and is famous for its pristine beauty in nature, and comfortable climate.
=>>Get 5-10% discount with Mekong Delta Day Trip now
What to do in Turtle Islet?
The islet has been becoming a tourist attraction not only for local people but also for foreigners by activities you should join and get the experience as below:
- Get on the sampans and sail along the canals which are covered by lush water coconut trees, and enjoy cool air and rustic view along the way.
- Cycling or walking around the local village to enjoy the fresh atmosphere as well as witness the daily life of local people on the islet.
- Wondering the fruit gardens and tasting fresh fruit from here. Depending on each season, tourists can enjoy different fruits such as pomelo, orange, longan, rambutan, banana, coconut, mango, jackfruit, and durian …
- Enjoy traditional folk music shows – “đờn ca tài tử” which is recognized as an intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO.
- Visit local factories where coconut products are produced such as candies, and handicrafts… may bring you amazing experiences and you can have beautiful gifts for your friends and relatives after visiting the islet. Currently, the local people are also raising bees for honey. You can taste the sample without fee of charge and by some if you like it.
- Enjoy local speciality dishes that are available only in the Mekong Delta region including:: coconut fried shrimp, fish cooked with spinach, red tilapia steamed with mushroom, and fried giant gourami.
Turtle Islet still retains its natural beauty with its rustic houses, local handicraft workshops, fruit gardens and coconut trees and flowers. Sure enough, visiting the islet will bring you fascinating experiences with several amazing attractions and appealing activities in rural life.
How To Reach Turtle Islet?
Turtle islet is located along Tiền River, among Tân Thạch and Quới Sơn Commune, Châu Thành District, Bến Tre Province. It is about 23km from the centre of Bến Tre city. You travel on a boat along Tiền River within 20 minutes to reach Turtle Islet.
Warmest Greetings To All from Viet Dream Travel! We offer Vietnam daily and package tours or car/bus rental services to visit Turtle Islet. Or if you have any questions about Vietnam tourism, do not hesitate to contact us at:
Office number: (028) 3838 8322 - Hotline/SMS/Whatsapp/Viber/Zalo (+84) 918 709 338.