Phong Điền district, Cần Thơ is famous for its luxuriant fruit gardens with many kinds of fruits, such as berries, oranges, tangerines, custard apple, mangosteen, apples, guava …. Among them, Mười Cương farm is a popular tourist destination, not only famous for many type of southern fruits but also famous for cocoa. Coming here, you can enjoy the fresh air of the cocoa garden, experience the processing, try the sample and can buy cocoa products as gifts for relatives and friends.
The cocoa farm of Mr. Mười Cương is more than 1.2 hectares wide and growing more than 2,000 cocoa trees, including over 15 cocoa varieties. Some of them have been planted for 30 to 40 years old. In addition to enjoying products from cocoa, you also have the opportunity to learn and join hands with the owner to do the stages of incubation of cocoa beans, roasting in a cast iron pot, grinding into powder, and finishing products. All of these stages are processed with traditional techniques.
And don’t forget to buy some cocoa products such as: cocoa wine, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, chocolate candies, and pure cocoa for ice cream or cake as a gift. In particular, cocoa wine (fermented cocoa juice) is very delicious and is an aperitif that very popular with foreign tourists.
In order to have such high quality and diverse products as mentioned above, Mr. Mười Cương has been spending a long time to research and learn how to make his own handmade cocoa products at home. Another interesting thing is the homestay that he designed in his garden. It’s a perfect place for you to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere at the farm as well as peaceful space for your night in the Mekong Delta trip.
Mười Cương Cocao Farm
- Location: Mỹ Khánh, Phong Điền, Cần Thơ city.
- Best for: Family, couple, solo.
- Entrance: 50,000 VND/per person, includes entrance fee, drinking cocoa, enjoying a chocolate sample and learning about the process of making cocoa.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 12:00
- Other tourist spots nearby: Bình Thủy temple, Phong Điền floating market, Bằng Lăng stork sanctuary, Trúc Lâm Phương Nam Monastery, Bình Thủy ancient, Cái Răng floating market…
Leave a Comment