Nam Cát Tiên is located in Tân Phú District, Đồng Nai Province. This is most often visited and contains the headquarters of Cát Tiên National Park. From here, it’s very easy to explore other parts of the jungle as many tourist services offering by the locals. This is the best place for a weekend getaway outside the noisy city.
Things to do in Nam Cát Tiên
Nam Cát Tiên is not only a perfect place for wildlife lovers. It’s one of the most attractive cultural and eco-tourism destinations in the Southeast Region where you can experience all kinds of tours.
It’s a truly wonderful experience to explore the region. Many tourist agents offer you a short trip, approx distance 6km (roundtrip), to explore the jungle and witness some old&giant trees which have been surviving for hundred years.
Other popular trekking tours include “gibbon trek”, trek to crocodile lake, bird watching…with a local guide will bring to you unforgettable experiences.
Cát Tiên is a home of more than 62 animal species, many of which are listed in Vietnam’s Red Book. The best time to witness the majority of them is dusk. This is an actual active period for a great number of animals such as Samba deer, wild pigs, porcupines, guar, weasels, civet cats, barking deers, mongoose, elephants, rhinoceros…Most of the night safari tours take place from 19pm and finish around 21pm.
Bàu Sấu – crocodile lake
Bàu Sấu is one of the most popular tourist sites in Nam Cát Tiên. To reach the lake, you have to take 9 km of driving then another 5 km by hiking. This is a living area of Siamese crocodile, a species of crocodile in Vietnam that was thought to have been extinct before, and many birds and other animals. It’s recommended to stay here at the nearby accommodations overnight.
Take a boat ride along the river and visit a local village
A boat driver will take you along the Đồng Nai River, observe the many birdlife activities or glimpse some wildlife along the riverbanks. To capture these moments, bring along a pair of binoculars or a high-resolution camera. The trip will take you to Tà Lài Village, populated by the Châu Mạ, S’tiêng, and Tày ethnic people. Coming here, tourists will be allowed to visit and explore their traditional long-house, their daily activities and experience their working tools to make handicrafts.
Visit animal rescue centers
There are two animal rescue centers that are worth seeing:
– Đảo Tiên Endangered Primate Species Centre: is situated on Đảo Tiên Island, about 5 minutes upstream from the boat landing area. The center specializes in the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of endangered primates, normally found in our areas such as golden-cheeked gibbons, black shanked douc, silvered langur, and pygmy loris. Most of the animals are being helped in this center were the victims of the illegal wildlife trade.
– Cát Tiên Bear Rescue Centre: accommodates sun bears and Asian black bears, which have been rescued from the cruel and illegal trade. There is also a crocodile, peafowl, and a few gibbons to see in this semi-wild area.
How to get to Nam Cát Tiên?
From Hochiminh city, it takes around 3 and a half-hour of driving to Nam Cát Tiên. There are also two popular ways to get here.
– By local buses: they depart from Eastern Bus Station in Hochiminh. Here are some of our recommendations include Kim Hoàn bus, Mạnh Hùng bus, Bé bus…Also, it cost around 200,000VND for a bus ticket.
– Private bus/car rental service with a driver: this is the best way to travel to Nam Cát Tiên for your group or with family members as the car/bus can come and pick you up from your accommodation in the city. Also, it can stop along the way or you can use it to visit other places.
Some notes when traveling to Nam Cát Tiên
In order for the trip to the jungle to be the most convenient and safe, you need to note some of the following issues:
- Prepare food and water before going to visit any tourist sites in the forest
- Topical insect repellent.
- Should wear trousers and closed shirts, strong shoes, leech shocks…and choose a dark color so that birds and wild animals don’t run away.
- Bring a sun hat, raincoat, flashlight
Warmest Greetings To All from Viet Dream Travel! We offer package tours and car&bus rental services to Nam Cát Tiên. If you have any questions about Vietnam tourism, do not hesitate to contact us at:
Office number: (028) 3838 8322 – Hotline/SMS/Whatsapp/Viber/Zalo – (+84) 918 709 338
Leave a Comment